THE BEST INSPIRATION

Battery-granger-fort-hancock, battery granger (1898-1943) - battery granger was a reinforced concrete, endicott period 10‑inch coastal gun battery on fort hancock (2), new jersey. the battery was named in g.o. 43, 4 apr 1900, after mg gordon granger (cullum 1265), u.s. volunteers, a native of new york, and a distinguished officer of the mexican war and the u.s. civil war.. Gun crew leading battery granger. nps/gateway nra museum collection. fort hancock’s endicott era gun batteries and defenses included: . dynamite gun battery: three 15-inch and one 8-inch dynamite guns. battery potter: two 12-inch disappearing guns.this along with the mortar battery were the first prototype concrete gun batteries of the endicott system., battery potter (1898-1907) - battery potter was a masonry and reinforced concrete, endicott period 12 inch coastal gun battery on fort hancock (2), monmouth county, new jersey.originally known as gun lift battery 1.the battery was named in g.o. 78, 25 may 1903, after brigadier general joseph h. potter (cullum 1188), who served with distinction in the mexican war and the u.s. civil war and who ....

Lieutenant colonel george w. arrowsmith . george arrowsmith (1839-1863), local hero . battery arrowsmith was named after lieutenant colonel george w. arrowsmith (1839-1863), a native of middletown township, new jersey where fort hancock is located (despite sharing a zip code with nearby highlands). arrowsmith was ill when he and his regiment marched to gettysburg to assist on the first day of ..., share your thoughts, experiences and the tales behind the art..

Endicott period battery with two guns on disappearing carriages 10-inch disappearing gun at battery granger, fort hancock, new jersey in 1885 us president grover cleveland appointed a joint army, navy and civilian board, headed by secretary of war william crowninshield endicott , known as the board of fortifications (now usually referred to ..., 10-inch disappearing gun at battery granger, fort hancock, new jersey in 1885 us president grover cleveland appointed a joint army, navy and civilian board, headed by secretary of war william crowninshield endicott, known as the board of fortifications (now usually referred to simply as the endicott board)..

Fort hancock is a former united states army fort at sandy hook in middletown township new jersey.the coastal artillery base defended the atlantic coast and the entrance to new york harbor, with its first gun batteries operational in 1896.between 1874 and 1919, the adjacent us army sandy hook proving ground was operated in conjunction with fort hancock. it is now part of fort hancock memorial park., the remnants of this abandoned fort in new jersey are hauntingly beautiful. fort hancock is a former united states army fort at sandy hook. built in 1859, the coastal artillery base was decommissioned in 1974..

For ^5 years sandy hook served as the u.s. army's first official proving ground, from 187^ to 1919. with the passing of time the proving ground's historical significance and myriad activities have been forgotten, but it was here at sandy hook that the proving ground had a key role in the deve- lopment of the weapons employed by the u.s. coast artillery and u.s.^field artillery during the vital ...